OUR 2018 SCHOLARSHIP WINDOW IS CLOSED
Thank you for showing interest in our foundation. The 2018 application window is now closed. Check back early 2019 when we are accepting the next batch of applications!
The Reid J.K. Richards Foundation was established in 1999, in memory of Reid James Kamakahoohie Richards, who passed away following a courageous battle with lymphoma. At the time of his passing Reid was 33 years young and left behind a wife and two young children. The primary objective of the foundation is to provide the support necessary to aid grieving children and young adults who have lost a parent or primary caretaker through death. The loss of a parent or primary caretaker often results in financial hardship that can limit the potential achievements for many young people. To alleviate the financial burden, the Reid J.K. Richards Foundation has established the Kamakahoohie Scholarship. The Kamakahoohie Scholarship will provide financial support to bereaved individuals up to the age of 25. The purpose of the scholarship is to help these young people in achieving their academic goals through financial assistance. To apply for the Kamakahoohie Scholarship the applicant:
- Must be no older than 25 years of age.
- Must have lost a parent or primary caretaker through death. (Must submit copy of death certificate)
- Must submit two (2) supporting letters by anyone (other than the applicant) who is able to provide the nominating committee with a perspective as to why the applicant is deserving of this scholarship.
- Submit an image file (.jpg) of yourself - REQUIRED. You may also submit a short one-minute video (optional).
- Must submit the completed application form with all necessary documentation by March 1, 2018.
The Foundation's scholarship nominating committee will determine the number and amount of each scholarship following the March 1, 2018 deadline. The scholarship amounts will be no less than $2,000 and no more than $7,500! We thank you for your interest and if there are any questions please contact us.
Application form, photo and supporting documents must be submitted as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2018.
Letters of support and optional video may be sent separately to the same email address.